Monday, July 21, 2014

Motionless In White - Reincarnate

After seeing these guys at their ONLY sold out venue for their 2012 headlining tour, I was hooked on Motionless In White.  As a fan of shock rock and always looking to see what is the next best thing for stage performance, I was happy to see that the band is equally into their live image, delivery, and sound.  Overall making for an excellent show.  A very successful run of their sophomore album "Infamous" gave them them the chance to jump on some great tours and also release a deluxe edition of said album featuring remixes from Combichrist, Celldweller,  Ricky Horror (MIW guitarist), and more.

Unfortunately all good thing must come to an end...at least for some.  Drummer Brandon Richter announced his departure from the band in early 2014 to focus on other priorities.  You can read the official statement below:

"I'm announcing sadly I won't be apart of MIW anymore. I won't go into great detail to as why I chose to leave the band. What I would like to say tho is I'm extremely grateful to have been able to play music for all of you and meet and interact with so many amazing people. To the fans I have made I hope u continue to support me through my newly made changes and see what I do next! I am and will ALWAYS be here for all of you!! I am sorry for those who were wanting to see me perform in Australia and Warped but you have not seen the end of me. Bigger things are ahead and life chose to take me down a different path. Thank you again for all of you awesome fans and your support." -Brandon Richter

So of course one member's loss will not stop MIW.  The guys have been given great reviews for "Infamous", charting at #53 on the Billboard 200, #19 on Top Rock Albums, #9 on Top Independent Albums, and #5 on Top Hard Rock Albums.  The group jumped right back into the studio after their tour and pumped out another 13 blistering tracks that will have your mascara and eyeliner running after a listen or two.



"Reincarnate"  will be released on September 16th, 2014 via Fearless Records.  The album was produced in co-operation with Chris Motionless and Dan Korneff, who has worked with bands such as Crown The Empire, Dayshell, Pierve The Veil, Cavo, and many others for mixing duties.


1. Death March 
2. Reincarnate 
3. Puppets 3 (The Grand Finale) (feat. Dani Filth)
4. Unstoppable 
5. Everybody Sells Cocaine 
6. Contemptress (feat. Maria Brink) 
7. Break The Cycle 
8. Generation Lost 
9. Dark Passenger 
10. Wasp 
11. Dead As Fuck 
12. Final Dictvm (feat. Tim Sköld) 
13. Carry The Torch 
14. Sinematic (Acoustic Version) [Bonus Track]



“For those asking about who is playing drums for us, we are just going to be touring with a drummer from now on and remaining a 5 piece band. And lastly. The drums for #Reincarnate were performed and recorded by a close friend. You’ll find out when the album comes out. All is well!” -Motionless

Just an update, drum duties are being taken care of by Tom Hane, who is also the drummer for In This Moment.  Making more sense on how Maria Brink ended up on a track?  Or vice versa?  Same goes for Tim Sköld, as he handled production duties for their previous album.  So if you are lucky enough to have already seen then on Warped Tour then good on ya!  I'm sure that a headlining tour for "Reincarnate" will happen close to or shortly after it's release.



AFGM: Random Music Quotes: Motionless

AFGM: Is Chris Motionless The New Marilyn Manson?

No comments:

Post a Comment