Thursday, April 3, 2014

For The Fallen Dreams - Heavy Hearts

For The Fallen Dreams is my (un)guilty pleasure when I am in the mood to get my fists pumping and my head banging.  The tone of the guitars, the lightly placed sub-drops, the drum production, and the vocals all point to a great band who knows how to make a metal album.  Discovering these guys when they released their debut record "Changes" back in 2008, I was hooked as they are now moving into their fifth album in six years!  Not a bad track record if you ask me.



For The Fallen Dreams consists of (in no particular order):

Chad Ruhlig - Vocals | Jim Hocking - Guitar | Brandon Stastny - Bass | Navid Naghdi - Drums

This album marks the return of original vocalist Chad Ruhlig as the front man has not been on vocals since their '08 debut "Changes".  It's funny and ironic that this album sparked a huge interest in me before even realizing the lineup changes on vocals.  Guess that goes to show you how recognizable his vocals are.

"For the Fallen Dreams made a hefty promise and didn't disappoint when this album is compared to some previous efforts. Heavy Hearts has its fair share of generic moments, but never once does it stop being entertaining. The tracks to check out are 'Lights,' 'Mimic' and 'Amnesia.' If you were a fan of For the Fallen Dreams in the past, or even if you're a recent fan, be sure to check out Heavy Hearts when it drops." -Megusta Reviews

So the new album will have 10 tracks and from what I have heard so far, new and old fans shouldn't be disappointed.  These guys make quality albums and don't tend to stray from what they do best in their style.  They have been on the road recently (or going to be) with bands such as Motionless In White, Miss May I, Obey The Brave, I The Breather, and Reflections.  I hope they make a splash at their performances and give the fans a top notch show, only because I feel these guys get less credit than they are due.


1. Emerald Blue
2. Choke
3. Lights
4. Dream Eater
5. Bombay
6. Mimic
7. Endless
8. Amnesia
9. Unfinished Business
10. Smelling Salt (featuring Brandon Tewers)

"Heavy Hearts" will be released everywhere on April 8th, 2014 via Rise Records.  Track listing (above) and the full album stream (below):


"'Dream Eater' gives longtime fans of For the Fallen Dreams something to look forward to when Heavy Hearts is released on April 8. General fans of the metalcore/melodic hardcore scene should find satisfaction within this track. The band built off a theme that has been done many times before in music. However, I wouldn’t go as far as saying the idea is redundant, because we all need a little pick-me-up every now and then to pull ourselves through life’s struggles." -Mind Equals Blown

STREET DATE: 04.08.14
ARTIST: FOR THE FALLEN DREAMS
TITLE: HEAVY HEARTS
LABEL: RISE RECORDS
CATALOG NO: RR211

I think what needs to be done now is a Canadian tour, or at least jump on a good tour as support.  I don't think the guys have been here since 2013 when they played the Hard Luck Bar.  I have not had the opportunity to see them in concert yet but hoping for a return soon enough and maybe get some snapshots of the performance.  So in closing, be sure to grab a copy of the album when it hits stores next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment